Amazon has become a worldwide marketplace for businesses to sell their products and for entrepreneurs to make money online. With over 3 million people shopping monthly in Amazon, sellers have the advantage of generating huge income from the platform.
The good news is you can also start selling internationally on Amazon. And, you don’t have to be in the US or a citizen of the country to sell in foreign Amazon marketplaces. So, whether you are a permanent resident of Asia, Middle East, Europe, or Australia, you are eligible to open an online store, sell, and make money.
Luckily these sellers have discovered about Amazon FBA early and are now getting huge profit for selling on the platform even without setting a foot in the USA. If you are one of the people who wish to have their own business without the need to go to the US, selling on Amazon is a great option for you.
You can check Amazon for the list of the countries eligible for seller registration. If you lived in any of the states mentioned in the list, you are free to sign up and start selling anytime you want. Amazon also requires you to send some documents to support your application as a legitimate Amazon seller.
If you live in the US or a US Citizen, Amazon will ask you for the following:
- Your US address;
- Your US bank account;
- Your US phone number;
- Your credit card information;
- Your Social Security Number or Employer Identification Number for your business information.
On the other hand, if you want to register as a foreign or non-resident seller, you will be asked to provide several documents to completely process your registration. This includes the following:
- A U.S Bank Account where all your profit and payment will be deposited to. Technically, this is somehow daunting as you have to come to the US to process your account application. The good thing today is you can already use Amazon Currency Converter for Sellers (ACCS). With this, you can get paid using your local bank information and receive payments in your local currency. You can check the list of accredited countries and currencies in ACCS.
- A U.S Mailing address where all returned shipments are directed to. You can get your own address through a service company like MyUS.com.
- A US Phone Number for customer support and inquiries. You can use Skype to set up your US phone number. This is the easiest option available for you.
- A Credit card like Visa or Mastercard to be charged internationally.
- An Individual Tax Identification Number or ITIN if you want to pay tax in the US.
If you have all these requirements available, you can now register and open an Amazon seller account even you live anywhere in the world.
How to Sell on Amazon FBA from Any Countries?
Many people would want to start a business at the comforts of their homes. With so many options available today, selling on Amazon is one of the best ways to go.
If you are curious how to sell on amazon fba from any countries, here is the step-by-step process you can do to successfully set up your international selling account.
#1 Register an Account
If you are looking forward to selling products on Amazon from outside of US, then begin by registering an Amazon US or North America account in Amazon.com. You can choose whether you want to sell through an individual or professional seller account.
Individual seller accounts are for those low-volume sellers who can sell a maximum of 40 units of their products a month. But if you think you can sell more than 40 units monthly, you can register for a professional seller.
The Professional selling plan has a monthly fee of $39.99, which makes you eligible to sell on Amazon restricted categories. With the professional selling plan, you are given access to the following:
- You can upload new products to the Amazon catalog.
- Amazon handles the shipping, customer service support, and fulfillment with the Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) service to process your orders.
- You can sell both in US and Canada using a single account.
- You can use reporting and bulk listing tools.
- You can customize shipping rates for your items other than Music, Books, DVD’s, Video games, and Software.
- You can offer gift wrap options and special promotions for your items except for Music, Books, DVD’s, Video games, and Software.
- You are also qualified for the top place on product detail pages.
If you are already decided which account to register, choose how you want the items to be fulfilled and delivered to your customers.
#2 Choose Your Fulfillment Process
Now that you have your account ready, it’s time for you to choose your fulfillment process.
There are actually two ways on how to ship to Amazon from Outside the US. You can do it through merchant fulfilled or Fulfilled By Amazon, also known as FBA.
While Merchant fulfilled is a good way to ship your customer’s order, Amazon recommends every seller to use Amazon FBA as their fulfillment option. Sellers who registered on FBA has proven to sell 90% of their products.
Apart from that, shipping is less costly for you and the seller as the order inventory are managed and stored in Amazon warehouse.
If you want Amazon to fulfill your orders then you can enroll in the FBA program.
- After you have opened a seller account, immediately enroll in the FBA program.
- Once enrolled, you can already ship your products to Amazon fulfillment center in the US. Amazon will manage, store, and ship your items directly to all your customers residing in the US.
- Once you are in the FBA program, Amazon handles the inventory, storage, and packing of your customer orders. They are also in charge of the customer service support as well as returns, if ever.
- In case of customer returns, stocks will be shipped back to the Amazon fulfillment center. Returns that are still in good conditions are re-stocked and sold while those damaged and defective items are either returned to your US address or destroyed by Amazon.
Whatever your fulfillment process is, it’s always recommended you have a US address to receive your returned items.
#3 Submit Your Tax Information
Since you are already making business on Amazon, it is necessary for you to pay your taxes right on time. All professional accounts and sellers that have over 50 transactions in a year are required to submit tax details to Amazon.
When paying taxes, you have the option whether to set up a US-based corporation or retain a foreign individual status. US-based entities are required to complete an IRS tax form. While foreign businesses need to fill up W9-BEN. Both parties are required to complete a tax interview.
If you choose to be foreign, you are exempted from complying with the US tax reporting requirements and is not subject to income tax in the United States. However, you have to pay your fees in your designated country. Now that you are up and ready to start selling online. It’s time to identify the product you want to sell.
#4 Choose Your Products
With over a thousand of products being sold every day, you have a wide variety of options to choose from.
However, some categories are restricted, which require manual approval. This includes the following:
- Clothing and Accessories
- Beauty, Health, and Personal Care,
- Jewelry and Watches
- Luggages, Handbags, Shoes, and Sunglasses,
- Gourmet Foods and Grocery,
- Collectibles and Fine arts, and
- Many more.
These categories are gated. And they require an application process to get ungated so you can already sell without incurring any violations along the way.
The ungating process enables you to prove to Amazon that you are a legitimate seller and you only sell quality items to their customers. If you are not fulfilling via their FBA service, this also ensures Amazon that you have sufficient stocks on-hand to deliver orders.
Once you have provided all the requirements necessary to get ungated, you can immediately start selling and enjoy the benefits of not having restrictions.
If you are a business looking to expand your reach and market or someone who wants to make money online, selling in Amazon offers so much perks. You don’t have to be in the US to get started because even at your own comforts, you can begin making money and start growing your business.
Today’s process of opening a selling account in Amazon was made simpler compared to its early days. With all the technology and resources available, you can easily make business with Amazon. However, if you don’t have the time to set up your Amazon account, you can work with our professional Amazon service AMZ-Expert.
We know how to successfully set up an Amazon selling account. Apart from that, we can also help in ungating restricted categories so you can sell with ease. Moreover, assist in reinstating a suspended account. Feel free to call us. We are ready to assist you anytime.
- None Found