Recently Amazon has introduced a really exciting feature on its Seller Central platform — now you can build a Storefront for your brand. Earlier only Amazon Vendors had an opportunity to customize their storefronts, while Seller Central users had to settle for standard options. But now things are different, so you can create your own Storefront and enjoy its advantages. We will tell you all the details on how to create an Amazon Storefront, but first of all, let us explain to you what benefits such a Storefront can bring to sellers and their brands.
- 1 What is an Amazon Storefront: Definition and Advantages
- 2 How to Open an Amazon Storefront: 8 Steps
- 3 Amazon Seller Storefront: A Few More Tips
What is an Amazon Storefront: Definition and Advantages
Before we start, we will quickly tell you what an Amazon Storefront feature means; just to avoid any misunderstanding. So, an Amazon storefront allows you to impress customers not only with your branded products but also with the following things:
- Custom design layout — you will be able to design your page on your own!
- Multi-page store — you will be able to develop several pages in your store. That’s a good way to showcase your products and brand. Besides, each of these pages will be customizable, so you will get an opportunity to make the design of your store even more interesting and individual.
- Videos — you will be able to upload video content to the page.
- Images — this feature is a great opportunity to tell the story of your company with the help of pictures. You can also equip these pictures with text, if necessary.
- Direct links — as a seller (or reseller), you will be able to choose what products you want to link to.
Now that you have no doubts regarding what Amazon Storefront is, check the advantages hidden in this feature:
- You get much more control over how your products are shown to the customers. After you create an Amazon storefront, you can forget about those standard layouts. That’s not only about control — you will be able to define your store and brand against other brands.
- Such a storefront will give you a unique Amazon web address, which is great for advertising and attracting new customers.
- Using Amazon Storefront makes analytics simpler. Now it is possible to develop Custom Storefront Source Tags, and track the traffic and sales. As a result, tracking the Return on Investment (ROI) of external traffic will be very easy.
- Combining videos, images, and text content will give you an opportunity to tell the story of your brand in an unusual and creative way. This trick can increase the credibility of your brand — some customers prefer to purchase products only from the enterprises they know something about. Besides, a brand complemented by images and videos looks much better than one which offers only an inventory and the Proceed to Checkout button.
And last, but not least — you won’t have to pay Amazon for creating a custom Amazon Storefront. We can’t predict the future, so we are not able to tell you if getting a Storefront will become chargeable at some point. But at the moment, there is no payment you have to make to open an Amazon Storefront. So why not to open it right now?
How to Open an Amazon Storefront: 8 Steps
1. Make sure that you have the correct registration
To open an Amazon Storefront, your brand must be registered with Brand Registry 2.0. In turn, such a registration requires an active registered trademark. By the way, Brand Registry 2.0 is not only a requirement — it is also a benefit! Unlike the original Brand Registry, the 2.0 version allows registering several brands or having several brands assigned to your account.
To apply, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Amazon Seller Central account using your initial login email
- Follow this link
- Enter your legal information
- Verify your identity
- Accept the Terms and Conditions of Brand Registry 2.0
- Click Save
- Enroll your brand (or brands) into Brand Registry 2.0
- Submit your application
- Wait for a verification code from Amazon
- Log in to Seller Central platform
- Check your case log
- Enter the Case ID
- Click Go
- Select View or Respond, then Reply
- Paste the verification code
- Click Send
You will then have to wait a bit as Brand Registry is usually completed within 1 or 2 business days.
2. Go to Seller Central platform
When you are there, enter your details, log in, and select Storefront. You won’t get lost, the link is located in the top menu.
3. Upload the logo of your brand
The required size is at least 400 x 400 pixels. You can choose if you want to display the brand’s logo on your Amazon Storefront — just find Visible: Yes / No, and select a suitable option. However, we highly recommend you to choose Yes. The logo is your brand’s “face”, and it is important to give your customers a chance to remember it. Later it will be much easier for them to recognize your brand. Therefore, your e-commerce sales will increase.
4. Add a description of the page
This is a brief description of your Storefront primary page. Customers won’t see it on the page itself, but it will be used as meta description for diverse search engines. This description can be changed whenever you want, so you can always update it if you suddenly get a cool idea.
5. Work on the design of your Amazon Storefront
Here comes one of the most important parts — developing the design. First of all, click the Store Design tab, and then choose Themes & Design. You will see there all the available templates. Go through them and choose the one which will suit your Amazon Storefront the best. After you make a choice, click Apply to My Webstore.
If none of those templates meets your needs, choose the one which is the closest to perfection, and then customize it! Yes, all the templates can be customized, so you can be as creative as you want. So, click Customize This Theme, and work on the Storefront layout, images, colors, fonts, and other important things. Besides, remember, that you can add several pages and customize all of them!
However, there are several requirements you should keep in mind. Videos must be less than 100 MB, and at minimum 1280 x 640 pixels. The allowed video formats are avi, mpg, mov, m4p, MPEG, and m4a/v. If your video contains any links to external websites, remove them before uploading it. The minimum size of images is 1500 x 1500 pixels, while images for the Storefront gallery must be at least 1500 x 750 pixels. However, the gallery supports only 3 to 8 pictures. Oh, and by the way, if you create your own videos and images, don’t forget about copyright.
Now it is time to complete the final step of this stage. Go to the Store Design tab and select Categories. Then add those product categories which you have for sale.
6. Deal with your domain name
The next step you have to make is connecting your domain name (that unique web address) to the Storefront. Click the Settings tab, and then go to Control Panel. After this, select General Webstore Settings. Your final destination here is Domain Name.
7. Deal with prices
Set up the delivery prices and taxes on the products available at your Amazon Storefront. That’s a very easy thing to do — click the Settings tab, and then choose either Tax Settings or Shipping.
8. Publish your creation
This is the last step essential to open an Amazon Storefront. Go to the Store Design tab, and then select Publish. Click Publish My Webstore, and your Amazon Storefront will be launched!
Amazon Seller Storefront: A Few More Tips
Now you know a lot of secrets regarding how to set up an Amazon Storefront, and our guidelines are coming to their end. However, we still have several more useful recommendations for you.
First of all, don’t forget about keywords. Custom images and videos are essential if you want your Amazon Storefront to look great and memorable, but keywords are still a must — they will lead your customers to you. They are as important as a good commercial! So, identify the keywords for your Amazon Storefront, and add them to the text. But do this wisely — remember, you create your Storefront for people, not for robots!
If the Storefront is overloaded with keywords, your potential customers will simply look for another place to make a purchase. Keywords shouldn’t irritate — they should look like a natural part of the text! When you are done with creating the text, read it several times. Does everything sound good? If yes, then you did everything right.
Secondly, every time you change something in your Amazon Storefront, make sure the changes will look perfect both on desktops and mobile devices. The thing is that Amazon reviews and approves your changes, and this process may take up to 72 hours. And if there is a mistake, the changes will be rejected.
Then, you will have to fix everything and wait again. And, probably, again in case you miss something one more time. To avoid such an awkward situation, be very careful and attentive when changing something. It is better to check twice than to spend several weeks dealing with slight changes and corrections.
So, we have already told you how to get an Amazon Storefront. But if you have any questions or want to share your Amazon Storefront idea, you are welcome to get in touch with us. We would be pleased to offer our services and help you to create the greatest Amazon Storefront ever!
- None Found